Proposal submission deadline: 1 November 2017
Notification of acceptance: 15 November 2017
Workshops provide invaluable opportunities for researchers and industry practitioners to share their state-of-the-art research and development results in areas of particular interest. We invite submissions of cutting-edge workshop proposals to complement the technical program of VTC2018-Spring.
Workshops will cover specific topics with a mix of regular papers, panel discussions, keynotes, and possibly poster presentations. We ask for proposals that deal with topics in emerging areas of mobile and vehicular technologies.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Antenna Systems, Propagation, and RF Design
- Signal Transmission and Reception
- Cognitive Radio and Spectrum Management
- Multiple Antenna Systems and Cooperative Communications
- Radio Access Technology and Heterogeneous Networks
- Green Communications and Networks
- Ad-Hoc, M2M, and Sensor Networks
- Wireless Networks: Protocols, Security and Services
- Mobile Satellite Systems, Positioning and Navigation
- Vehicular Communications, Networks, and Telematics
- Electric Vehicles, Vehicular Electronics, and Intelligent Transportation
- Future Trends and Emerging Technologies
For topics outside these focus areas, please, consult with the respective workshop chairs prior to a proposal submission.
Workshop proposals, in word or PDF format, should be sent to both Workshop Co-chairs by email on or before 1 November 2017. Your proposal must contain following information:
- Title, scope, and topics of the workshop
- Names, affiliation, and email addresses of the workshop organizers
- List of intended technical committee members (TPC)
- Format of the workshop (papers, keynotes, panels, posters, etc.)
- Intended paper review schedule
- Promotional plan
- Past history of the workshop if any (when, where, number of papers, number of participants, etc.)
- Intended audience of the workshop
- Rationale, e.g., why is the topic of interest, why is the workshop expected to attract a significant number of high-quality submissions, etc.
- A draft Call for Papers
All proposals will be independently reviewed and a decision on acceptance communicated by 15 November 2017 at the latest. After acceptance, workshop organizers are expected to set up a website and to actively promote their workshops, as well as submit details for promotion at the main VTC site. The paper submission process will be arranged and handled by the online TrackChair system.
Workshop Co-chairsLuís Bernardo Universidade Nova of Lisbon, Portugal
Marco Gomes Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal
Narcis Cardona Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain